Monday, December 5, 2011
2) Today especially, I am grateful to have a warm, cozy home, and to share it with lovely people.
3) I am grateful for the author of this post, and for my Daddy who proudly proclaimed his love of #9.
4) I am grateful to work for a woman who is concerned with my well-being and happiness more than she is concerned with my duties.
5) I am grateful that the Universe is reminding me that there is always more work to do-- I am diligently trying to become a better person, and I hope to not feel finished with that process for a VERY long time.
Monday, November 28, 2011
1) I am grateful for the incredibly blessed life I am able to experience.
2) I am grateful that my Mom, Dad and Lydia will be here in two and a half weeks.
3) I am grateful for Krystin, and her ability to make me think critically about my assumptions.
4) I am grateful to work with an awesome group of people on the 2012 HRMA Board
5) I am grateful to have taken the last exam of my academic career this evening. Two papers, a group project, two quick presentations and I am FINISHED!
Sunday, November 13, 2011
1) I am grateful for unexpected reminders that we are more connected than we realize.
2) I am grateful Krystin is taking concrete steps to move her life forward. I am so proud of her, and feel lucky to know her.
3) I am grateful that I enjoy cooking. I imagine it is a tedious, never ending task to feed yourself when you dislike the process.
4) I am grateful to have been raised in a culture that encourages me to think for myself.
5) I am grateful for this comfortable, cozy home.
Monday, October 24, 2011
2) I am grateful to be starting as a full-time, benefits-eligible, exempt employee on Tuesday, November 1st! ! !
3) I am grateful that my life is anything but boring. Occasionally I convince myself that I would rather have routine and boredom, but that's mostly my longing for stability. I thrive of the excitement that comes with uncertainty.
4) I am grateful to live during this time, in a place where women have infinite choices. This has been on my mind
5) I am INCREDIBLY grateful for the amazing slice of pizza I was just gifted from the Manager of Tractor, by way of donation from the pizza joint down the street. I love this town!
*make that six, by the time I finished typing.
Tuesday, September 27, 2011
2) I am grateful for the roasted vegetables over polenta I had for lunch today.
3) I am grateful for the beauty of fall in New Mexico-- I ADORE the slight chill in the air after the sun goes down.
4) I am grateful for good hugs.
5) I am grateful for JT and the Clouds, Po' Girl, and other soothing music.
Monday, September 26, 2011
I cannot articulate the gratitude I have that my new practice-- new response, really-- to this misery is to consciously reinvigorate my life with gratitude. Here I am.
1) I am grateful that I have friends who are loving, and accepting when I cry. Krista, Ben, Halee: no one tried to shush me, or to minimize my (hyperbolic, to be sure) emotional reaction. They witnessed, accepted, listened. I adore you all.
2) I am grateful for lovely song lyrics, and easy, smooth melodies that circle through my head, grounding me and reminding me that worrying you are not enough is the most common of human experiences.
3) I am grateful for my deeply trusted belief that everything works out when and how it is supposed to-- we are all moving toward a better tomorrow. Sometimes I need to trust that I'm getting there, even if it is happening at a speed I would not choose.
4) I am beyond grateful for a home full of comfort and solace, and fabulous people and energy.
5) I am grateful for the abundance of time I am discovering of late. Every time I begin to feel overwhelmed, another pocket of freedom unexpectedly opens up. Thank you, Universe, for helping me to create the space to live fully.
Thursday, September 1, 2011
Wednesday, August 31, 2011
2) I am grateful that I was able to make incredible progress on a project at work today.
3) I am grateful that I was blessed with a smooth day today.
4) I am grateful to have responsive groups of people that I work with in a wide variety of situations and organizations. I get to be part of some pretty awesome accomplishments.
5) I am grateful to feel at peace with my body today.
Tuesday, August 30, 2011
2) I am grateful that my friends are willing to meet me for happy hour on short notice.
3) I am grateful that our kitchen is nice and (almost) shiny clean, thanks solely to the efforts of Katy.
4) I am thankful that my parents are bringing baby girl Lydia for my graduation and to visit.
5) I am thankful to know that many men value wit, personality and a sharp sense of humor more than they value skinny thighs. I am similarly thankful for me deeply held belief that I will meet one who values me specifically, and whom I respect/value in return.
Monday, August 29, 2011
2) I am grateful to have both of my work groups set up for this semester's classes.
3) I am grateful that the lentil stew I made tonight came out MUCH better than it did last time.
4) I am grateful that my roommate is learning her way around this city. I hope it helps her to feel more at home.
5) I am grateful to be able to help out friends who are struggling with difficult career situations-- even though the help seems small, I am thankful to be able to try.
Sunday, August 28, 2011
2) I am grateful for the moment of joy that came from singing "Standing on the Side of Love" during today's contemporary service.
3) I am grateful for the wisdom of Angela's sermon today, and in particular for the (paraphrased) truth that is still resonating: "Sin is not breaking a rule; it is what diminishes us, and is an offense to our fullness as human beings."
4) I am grateful for the opportunity to walk with a friend tonight, and to stretch my understanding of this Universe a little bit more.
5) I am grateful for the moment of connectedness I found this evening-- sitting on my front bench, drinking tea, watching the wind dance through the trees and the lightning flash across the sky.
Monday, July 18, 2011
2. I am grateful that I was able to enjoy a beautiful, relaxing pedicure this evening.
3. I am grateful for the abundance in my life.
4. I am grateful for avocado soup and seitan fajitas with lovely friends.
5. I am grateful that I can be there for people who have given so completely to me.
Sunday, July 17, 2011
2. I am grateful for the opportunity to have a great conversation with a friend I was worried may not like me anymore.
3. I am grateful for co-workers who are willing to pick up my extra shifts now that I've quit my second job.
4. I am grateful for a Sunday sermon that spoke directly to the core of who I am, and who I want to be.
5. I am grateful to have spent today in the company of people I love and respect.
Sunday, May 8, 2011
2. I am grateful to have earned a B in Finance!
3. I am grateful to have been given a full Young Adult Scholarship to attend General Assembly this June.
4. I am grateful to be completely done with two of my three classes before finals week even starts.
5. I am grateful that my Mom felt loved and special on this Mother's Day, even though I could not be there to give her a hug. Please know that I love and appreciate you, Mom!
Saturday, May 7, 2011
Friday, May 6, 2011
Thursday, May 5, 2011
Wednesday, May 4, 2011
Tuesday, May 3, 2011
Monday, May 2, 2011
2. I am grateful to feel like I have a decent handle on the material for the finance final.
3. I am grateful that the landlord has not switched over the heating, so we are able to have heat tonight.
4. I am grateful to know my sister Krystin, who turned 21 today.
5. I am grateful that this semester is so close to being over.
Sunday, May 1, 2011
2. I am grateful for the wind, which made today so unbearable that I could justify spending all day in bed reading.
3. I am grateful that tonight was a smooth, easy night at work.
4. I am grateful that I have plenty of time to complete my marketing and finance work this week.
5. I am grateful for the bursts of sun shining through the clouds this afternoon.
Saturday, April 30, 2011
Friday, April 29, 2011
Thursday, April 28, 2011
2. I am grateful that I had leftovers to eat for lunch.
3. I am grateful for the incredibly long shower I took this afternoon.
4. I am grateful for the time to follow the rabbit hole that is the internet (especially Twitter!). I learn fascinating things by following link after link after link.
5. I am grateful that I have only one more Finance class left this semester.
Wednesday, April 27, 2011
2. I am grateful that I (mostly) followed the finance review this morning.
3. I am grateful that the heat in our house is still on during this last burst of cold weather.
4. I am grateful for the fantastic lunch I made this afternoon: homemade huevos rancheros with Anna's homemade salsa, sauteed kale with onions and brown butter turnips. :)
5. I am grateful for the opportunity to remain involved with the SHRM Student Chapter Board next semester.
Tuesday, April 26, 2011
2. I am grateful to have an upcoming job interview!
3. I am grateful for the fresh vegetables I picked up from LPO today.
4. I am grateful to have made a (small) dent in my marketing homework today.
5. I am grateful for the chance to go to bed early tonight.
Monday, April 25, 2011
2. I am grateful for the luxury of time, and the way it is allowing me to listen to what my body needs.
3. I am grateful for spontaneous dinner invitations (especially when the food is wonderful and the hostess is flexible enough to let me help).
4. I am grateful that my aunt Di's surgery went smoothly, and that her eyesight will be better soon.
5. I am grateful for the sweet photo of my niece sent to my cell phone today-- it made my day brighter!
Sunday, April 24, 2011
Saturday, April 23, 2011
2. I am grateful that I didn't feel sad or overwhelmed at all today.
3. I am grateful that my Grandmother sweetly sent me the details for dinner tomorrow.
4. I am grateful for good hair days, vain though that may be.
5. I am grateful for the coziness of my bed.
Friday, April 22, 2011
Thursday, April 21, 2011
2. I am grateful for a stark reminder that I cannot imagine what life is like for people who struggle every day to make their families' lives better, all without the documents and papers to support their right to be in this country.
3. I am grateful to have gotten my paper done this evening, with sufficient time to shower, eat and beat the deadline by an hour.
4. I am grateful for the sound of the water in the fountain in our back yard.
5. I am grateful for my mom-- she has been walking me through some things and making me feel wholly normal, although I imagine some parts of what I am going through might be uncomfortable for her.
Wednesday, April 20, 2011
2. I am grateful for the smell of freshly laundered clothes.
3. I am grateful to know my brother and Dad are developing a closer relationship.
4. I am grateful to live in a place where spring actually feels like spring.
5. I am grateful for the ability of music to speak directly to my core, and to cut through all the extraneous noise.
Tuesday, April 19, 2011
This gratitude practice is another thought, I suppose-- it is consciously taking time to think back on the past of my day. But I choose these thoughts over mindless wandering, and therefore I find it a beneficial practice.
1) I am grateful for my friend Cyanne, who sent me a thoughtful Yogi Tea gift this morning! It made my day.
2) I am grateful that the HRMA Board included me in their volunteer thank-you at today's meeting.
3) I am grateful for the moment of reassurance wherein an Anderson person reminded me that our relationship is outside of the general nonsense of others.
4) I am grateful for incredible people like Vanessa, who reach out with support to help me through this time.
5) I am grateful for awesome vegan mochi from Trader Joe's. Mango = happiness!
Monday, April 18, 2011
I'm going through a hard time right now. Nothing has *happened* per say, but I think I could benefit from this type of gratitude practice and focus on thankfulness. And so, here I am. I welcome your thoughts and comments-- maybe you'll share some of your gratitude with me, too?
1. I am grateful for the beautiful spring weather today-- it is breezy and warm, and the shining sun is fabulous.
2. I am grateful for an opportunity to *not* drive my car for a full 36 hours. Today I caught a ride to school with my roommate and walked home. I don't need to leave my house until mid-morning tomorrow.
3. I am grateful for red curry with tofu and extra zucchini, over brown rice.
4. I am grateful for incredible co-workers who are continually reaching out to make sure I have what I need.
5. I am grateful for the strength of my body-- it has carried me so far, and is growing stronger every day.