Thursday, April 21, 2011

Day 4: Wholly normal

1. I am grateful to have had the opportunity to hear Rev. Peter Morales speak this evening.

2. I am grateful for a stark reminder that I cannot imagine what life is like for people who struggle every day to make their families' lives better, all without the documents and papers to support their right to be in this country.

3. I am grateful to have gotten my paper done this evening, with sufficient time to shower, eat and beat the deadline by an hour.

4. I am grateful for the sound of the water in the fountain in our back yard.

5. I am grateful for my mom-- she has been walking me through some things and making me feel wholly normal, although I imagine some parts of what I am going through might be uncomfortable for her.

No comments:

Post a Comment