Monday, December 5, 2011
2) Today especially, I am grateful to have a warm, cozy home, and to share it with lovely people.
3) I am grateful for the author of this post, and for my Daddy who proudly proclaimed his love of #9.
4) I am grateful to work for a woman who is concerned with my well-being and happiness more than she is concerned with my duties.
5) I am grateful that the Universe is reminding me that there is always more work to do-- I am diligently trying to become a better person, and I hope to not feel finished with that process for a VERY long time.
Monday, November 28, 2011
1) I am grateful for the incredibly blessed life I am able to experience.
2) I am grateful that my Mom, Dad and Lydia will be here in two and a half weeks.
3) I am grateful for Krystin, and her ability to make me think critically about my assumptions.
4) I am grateful to work with an awesome group of people on the 2012 HRMA Board
5) I am grateful to have taken the last exam of my academic career this evening. Two papers, a group project, two quick presentations and I am FINISHED!
Sunday, November 13, 2011
1) I am grateful for unexpected reminders that we are more connected than we realize.
2) I am grateful Krystin is taking concrete steps to move her life forward. I am so proud of her, and feel lucky to know her.
3) I am grateful that I enjoy cooking. I imagine it is a tedious, never ending task to feed yourself when you dislike the process.
4) I am grateful to have been raised in a culture that encourages me to think for myself.
5) I am grateful for this comfortable, cozy home.
Monday, October 24, 2011
2) I am grateful to be starting as a full-time, benefits-eligible, exempt employee on Tuesday, November 1st! ! !
3) I am grateful that my life is anything but boring. Occasionally I convince myself that I would rather have routine and boredom, but that's mostly my longing for stability. I thrive of the excitement that comes with uncertainty.
4) I am grateful to live during this time, in a place where women have infinite choices. This has been on my mind
5) I am INCREDIBLY grateful for the amazing slice of pizza I was just gifted from the Manager of Tractor, by way of donation from the pizza joint down the street. I love this town!
*make that six, by the time I finished typing.
Tuesday, September 27, 2011
2) I am grateful for the roasted vegetables over polenta I had for lunch today.
3) I am grateful for the beauty of fall in New Mexico-- I ADORE the slight chill in the air after the sun goes down.
4) I am grateful for good hugs.
5) I am grateful for JT and the Clouds, Po' Girl, and other soothing music.
Monday, September 26, 2011
I cannot articulate the gratitude I have that my new practice-- new response, really-- to this misery is to consciously reinvigorate my life with gratitude. Here I am.
1) I am grateful that I have friends who are loving, and accepting when I cry. Krista, Ben, Halee: no one tried to shush me, or to minimize my (hyperbolic, to be sure) emotional reaction. They witnessed, accepted, listened. I adore you all.
2) I am grateful for lovely song lyrics, and easy, smooth melodies that circle through my head, grounding me and reminding me that worrying you are not enough is the most common of human experiences.
3) I am grateful for my deeply trusted belief that everything works out when and how it is supposed to-- we are all moving toward a better tomorrow. Sometimes I need to trust that I'm getting there, even if it is happening at a speed I would not choose.
4) I am beyond grateful for a home full of comfort and solace, and fabulous people and energy.
5) I am grateful for the abundance of time I am discovering of late. Every time I begin to feel overwhelmed, another pocket of freedom unexpectedly opens up. Thank you, Universe, for helping me to create the space to live fully.