Monday, April 18, 2011

Day 1: Inspired

I appreciate that inspiration comes from so many lovely people and places in this life. Tiny Buddha is one of my go-to sites for uplifting and contagious thoughts; please take a moment and look at her site. Recently, I was blessed by this guest post: How to Start a Gratitude Practice to Change Your Life.

I'm going through a hard time right now. Nothing has *happened* per say, but I think I could benefit from this type of gratitude practice and focus on thankfulness. And so, here I am. I welcome your thoughts and comments-- maybe you'll share some of your gratitude with me, too?

1. I am grateful for the beautiful spring weather today-- it is breezy and warm, and the shining sun is fabulous.

2. I am grateful for an opportunity to *not* drive my car for a full 36 hours. Today I caught a ride to school with my roommate and walked home. I don't need to leave my house until mid-morning tomorrow.

3. I am grateful for red curry with tofu and extra zucchini, over brown rice.

4. I am grateful for incredible co-workers who are continually reaching out to make sure I have what I need.

5. I am grateful for the strength of my body-- it has carried me so far, and is growing stronger every day.

No comments:

Post a Comment